Friday 25 January 2008

Project: Unclutter, clean and set up the evil lab

For a long time allready I have a (very small) room in the house designated for my use. Computers and diy gear hanging around and I never get any work done because it looks like a trainwreck. The plan is to rearrange (something I love to do, maybe to much!) and finally clean up for real and trow away everything I will not be needing again. Making a (pretty) fresh start!

My last post about the spare room unclutter action spurred me into action and I think the evil lab needs more planning then the spare room. There will be more categories of boxes there to allready categorize items which come from there and will need to stay but don't have a designated space yet.
  • tools (woodworking, screwdrivers, pliers, etc)
  • computergear (usb, pci, etc)
  • resources (power, network, etc)
  • officegear (stapler, pen/pencils, paper, etc)
The tools have to be organised in a way I can easily grab them and easily put back so I can keep the room organised for a long time and not for 10 minutes like I am used to from other times this has been done. 

My desk, this is the collection area for everything I use and don't put back immediatly which at the moment is everything since I don't have a designated space for most items. It also holds my computer(s) and monitors, which take up a significant amount of space since I use two 17 inch CRT monitors. And last but not least, projectitems related to the project(s) I am working on at the moment and related paperwork.

This room will need to be redone from the ground up and this time I will make a plan and sketch a design beforehand where I will take into account the years of experiance I have now with this little room and the clutter which it holds. You will hear more about this room soon!

//Z

1 comment:

animal print gal said...

Good luck cleaning up your office! I know itcan be a big time consuming project! It seems that I always clean mine and it takes just a little bit of letting go and it becomes a project again...